Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Everything Fall

This is my favorite time of year, Fall! I just love pulling out the sweaters and coats, being able to walk outside and smell the crisp fall air. Also, fall means the holidays are just around the corner. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's, all the best holidays of the whole year right in a row! I think my love of everything fall begins with my mother, she has always been big into the holidays this time of year. By big into holidays I mean, decorations EVERYWHERE! I would have to say Halloween is by far her favorite to decorate for. Last Halloween the young kids in the neighborhood cried all the way up to the door step with their parents dragging them by the wrist just to get the candy and force out the words trick or treat! I guess it had something to do with the fog machine, and freaky cackling witch and giant spiders and webs all over the porch. We were the family that had the Christmas tree out after Thanksgiving dinner! Maybe my love of everything fall also led to wanting to have a fall wedding.

All this talk about holidays makes me think about another subject, traditions! I am sure ever family has their own traditions especially around the holidays. It has been interesting being married for almost a year now and experiencing my new family's traditions. We haven't had the problem of blending them just yet, but I am sure that is yet to come.

To add to my love of the fall season, one of the best parts, all my favorite shows come back on! Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Gossip Girl and maybe I should stop there since I am already probably being judged! Haha, but I love them anyway!

2 comments:

Kati Howard said...

I love this time of year. Growing up in SW Washington the trees are beautiful around this time of year.

It's good to know that my family isn't the only one who has a mother with a great love for decoratig. My mom is always SO excited to put up the Christmas tree RIGHT after Thanksgiving. I love it though. Tyler's family isn't into holidays like that. Funny how your life changes when you get married. :)

The Lighthearts said...

Fall...what's that? We are still experiencing 90+ degree weather. I miss my sweaters. :(

I'll be in Utah for Christmas. I don't know what your plans are but I would love to get together with your family, and you, of course. Let me know.