Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two Families and a Wedding!




I recently got back from a trip to Oregon to visit with family. I flew out to be there for my grandma Shirley's (Lightheart, for my fellow Crane/Poole readers :)) wedding. She is now officially Shirley Lightheart-Perkins! Congratulations Jim and Shirley! I had a great time visiting everyone and being able to help with wedding preparations. Although, it brought back way to many memories of my own wedding planning not so long ago; some good some bad! I am sure you women out there can relate. It turned out great though, simple and beautiful. My lovely grandma wore a beautiful sage green dress and she looked absolutely radiant! Her colors were blue and sage green so my Aunt Janet and I went looking for some cute ribbon and flowers for her youngest girl, Emily, to make her look like the cutest flower girl ever! I do believe we succeeded. Wouldn't you say Jan? I had fun doing little Emily's hair. It's a good thing she is one of those rare two year olds who likes getting her hair done! She was precious! I love getting together and seeing all my family, especially when it has been so long. All my little cousins (and yes I can say little, I am the oldest still!) grow up so fast. The boys definitley passed me in height a long time ago.

Before visiting the Lighthearts and all the wedding festivities I was able to spend time with my other family, the Lightcap's. (No, there is no typo. Lightheart and Lightcap, crazy). I always love visiting my aunts and grandparents when I get the chance. My Aunt Pam (Big hair, you can't miss it) is great. We have always got along and she has always been a huge part of my life! She has recently become a grandmother herself! So I got to meet the little man, Sean. My cousin Mallory and her boyfriend Nick's little boy. He is about 7 months old and just a cute and sweet as can be. Baby hungry? Yes, I must admit I am. He is one of those rare really really good babies who just come out sleeping through the night and smiling all the time! I had a great time playing with Sean and all his fun baby food...have you been down the baby food aisle recently?! Well all in all I had a great time with all my family in Oregon and I miss them all already!

0 comments: